I know

I know it's hard.



It's hard for the little Eagles. The ones with more energy than classwork. They cannot possibly ask this many questions during school because there aren't enough hours in the day to field them all from every student. (I love you Lower Campus teachers and I will never again question the amount of glue sticks I need to buy.)

It's hard for the big Eagles. Overnight trips canceled. Online school work with very little skill in time management. Missing out on spring sports season (how I miss watching you compete!). Missing out on the most fun months of the year.

It's hard for our seniors. The big finale, the culmination of 13 years of hard work, altered, postponed, or canceled. At the very least, spending these last precious months of childhood separated from friends. (it's even harder for the senior parents. Hurting because your child is going without the pomp and circumstance of the end of senior year. I know.)

It's hard for the teachers. Half working all day. Trying to post assignments in a timely manner but having students email at 3:30 am with homework questions. Working twice as hard as if we were in school and hoping for half the results. I know this feeling.

It's hard for the parents. Lord, do I know. Working and helping with school work and making food (seriously how much could two girls under 50lb eat all day). And laundry! And when is the last time you kids showered? Screen time has exploded and go ahead eat that Easter candy at 10 am, you had a bagel already.

It's hard for administration. There are a lot of decisions to be made. They aren't always popular. They aren't always solely our decisions. There are 316 students and 30 staff members that I am making decisions for. It's hard. I'm trying to get it all right but where do they teach this, when was I supposed to be prepared to handle this. I just. Don't. Know.

What I do know.... We are going to get through this. We will find a way to continue to educate our kids. Celebrate our kids. Support our families. Support our teachers. Come up with a plan to feel safe at school. Start up sports in a responsible way. Have Mass as a Kennedy family. I know that the things we are doing now are what make Kennedy a special place. The best place, in-person and apart. I know that the attitude of my teachers and my students make a difference. Your support- as a parent, alumni, or part of the Kennedy family in any way- it makes a difference.

I know we are Kennedy we are family isn't just a saying. I know because we are proving it every day. I hope you know too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commencement Speech 2023

School Start Eve

How do you measure a school year